(For those who don’t understand the title of this post, go here).
FXX just announced the “Simpsons World” app, which will allow subscribers to watch every Simpsons episode ever; search by quote, character, and plot; and basically spend all day, every day watching both classic, golden-era Simpsons through the most recent episodes. (Full details here.)
Tonight on twitter, I asked
Which, of course, leads me to this post. My “favorite” Simpsons clips are too innumerable to count, but let’s just say these are the first ones I thought about watching. I cannot wait for this app and site to launch – what could possib-lie go wrong?
1. Anything with Raphael (my favorite all-time character)
3. Everything’s coming up Milhouse!
4. Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country, localized entirely within your kitchen? (From my favorite episode ever)
5. Literally every joke from the casino episode
(Or, “I’m Idaho,” or Brittania, or Bart stealing Robert freaking Goulet!)
6. “Use a pen, Sideshow Bob”
7. Homer saying “I am merely a vessel through which genius flows” (my yearbook quote)
8. Every Itchy & Scratchy
9. “I was saying Boo-urns”
10. The Hank Scorpio/Globex episode!
(Don’t forget, the Hammock district’s on third)
12. “Where’s my burrito?”
13. “OK, Mr. Burns, what’s your first name?” “I…don’t know”
15. All of the original songs!
16. This whole scene:
- Mr. Taylor: Hi, Lisa, I’m Alison’s father, Professor Taylor. I’ve heard great things about you.
- Lisa: Oh, really? I…
- Mr. Taylor: Oh, don’t be modest. I’m glad we have someone who can join us in our anagram game.
- Alison: We take proper names and rearrange the letters to form a description of that person.
- Mr. Taylor: Like, er…Oh, I don’t know, uh…Alec Guinness.
- Alison: Genuine class.
- Mr. Taylor: Ho ho, very good. Alright, Lisa, um…Jeremy Irons.
- Lisa: Uh, Jeremy’s…iron.
- Mr. Taylor: Mm hmm, well, that’s…very good…for a first try. You know what? I have a ball. Perhaps you’d like to bounce it?
Well, those are sixteen things I’ll be looking forward to (and there are too many more to list). What is everyone else looking forward to? More Grampa? Moe? Krusty? Sideshow Mel? Kent Brockman and his welcoming of the ant overlords? Ralph Wiggum? Police Chief Wiggum? Snake? Apu? And, last but never least, Comic Book Guy? Let me know in the comments.